Author: Shy Maple Leaf
Alternative Names: 元先生; 情非得已
Genres: Drama, Josei, Mystery, Romance
After years of longing, Mu Chenyan was finally going to marry the man of her dreams — Yuan Xuan. However, on her wedding day, the tragic death of Shu Qinger, her well-known romantic competitor led to Mu Chenyan’s prison sentence.
Two years later, Mu Chenyan was released from prison due to insufficient evidence, but she ended in another “prison” — the Yuan household. However, she was no longer the naive girl who would let anyone have their way with her…
Her days in the prison had left their marks and a passion for revenge was now ignited in her. Even as Yuan Xuan tried to regain her love, she has now built a wall to guard her heart, cutting off all advances from him.
The question remains — who killed Shu Qinger? Who are the people on her side, and those who are on the devil’s?
Love and hate intertwined, with Yuan Xuan’s love and protectiveness over Mu Chenyan remaining unchanged…
- Chapter 1: Chenyan, you should have accompanied Qinger into hell.
- Chapter 2: Butler Fu, You Found the Wrong Person
- Chapter 3: Even in Death, You Would Still Be the Yuan Family’s Ghost
- Chapter 4: Guilty Or Innocent, It all Depends On Yuan Xuan’s Words.
- Chapter 5: Does Young Mistress Still Use Rose Petals?
- Chapter 6: It Has Been So Long, Do You Not Miss Me At All?
- Chapter 7: Wait For Me Tonight
- Chapter 8: Don’t Worry, She Will Satisfy You Tonight
- Chapter 9: Yuan Xuan Still Sided With That Girl To A Certain Degree
- Chapter 10: Unclean and Guilty?
- Chapter 11: The Flower That Was a Witness to Love
- Chapter 12: Unquenchable Passion Between the Brows
- Chapter 13: Want a Divorce? You’re Not Done Paying Off the Debt You Owe Me
- Chapter 14: Who Wants to Moan?
- Chapter 15: Yuan Xuan’s Attentive Care
- Chapter 16: When the Living Turn Ruthless, They Are More Terrifying Than the Dead!
- Chapter 17: Dad, I’ve Come to See You…
- Chapter 18: The Name of Yuan Tangbai Is a Taboo in the Yuan Family
- Chapter 19: Hurting You Was Never My Intention
- Chapter 20: Sister-in-law, Why Didn’t You Call Me When the Tea Was Brewed
- Chapter 21: My Brother’s Heart Has Been Shrouded
- Chapter 22: War Correspondent
- Chapter 23: The Most Peaceful Sleep That Yuan Xuan Had Gotten in These 14 Years
- Chapter 24: Facial Recognition
- Chapter 25: Playing Dumb to Take Advantage of Others Was Learned from One’s Own CEO
- Chapter 26: This Place Was Not A Prison but the Same Conventions Were Present
- Chapter 27: This Man Could Not Be Offended
- Chapter 28: If a Dog Bit Me, Would You Want Me to Bite It in Return?
- Chapter 29: Digging One’s Own Grave
- Chapter 30: The Love of the Past Was Now Equivalent to Hatred
- Chapter 31: You’re A Selfish Guy, You Don’t Deserve Chenyan’s Love
- Chapter 32: There Is Hate Because There is Love
- Chapter 33: Her Body Answered His Question Perfectly and Honestly
- Chapter 34: I Saw The Satisfied Look On Your Face
- Chapter 35: The Saying ‘A Broken Mirror Pieced Together’ Cannot Be Used To Describe The Relationship Between The Two Of Them
- Chapter 36: Distant Niece
- Chapter 37: I’m Bait
- Chapter 38: It's All in the Hands of Yuan Xuan
- Chapter 39: The Tiger’s Not Home
- Chapter 40: Yuan Xuan Was Clearly Doting on Mu Chenyan