Author: Lian Shuang, 帘霜
Alternative Names: 重生之嫡女妖娆
Genres: Fantasy, Mystery, Shoujo
She was disfigured and her mother died an innocent death. A cup of poison wine was not enough to kill her and she had to die by plunging into burning flames! Before entering her next lifetime, she vowed to change history and get her revenge!
When she opened her eyes again, she was 13 again. Her mother had just passed and her father had yet remarried. To prevent history from repeating itself, she took careful steps.
However, she ended up discovering a 30-year-old mystery case that had been hidden all these while. She had been reborn as a beauty and was not going to give up on herself.
She was going to live out her best life with her alluring charms!
- Chapter 1 Reborn Through FireThe ruckus outside was unusual. Everyone was smiling happily. There were a handsome groom and a slender bride who was wearing a large red veil. The festive colors blinded everyone.
- Chapter 2 The Black Hearted AuntShe took the handkerchief beside her pillow and wiped her tears. Then, she tilted her slightly pale face up. There was a deep confusion in her dark eyes as she looked at Mo Zhu. It was a cutting look that made one feel subconsciously cold. Mo Zhu shuddered under the gaze and retracted her hand subconsciously. She could not speak, pleasing words stuck at her throat. Yet, she did not dare to leave.
- Chapter 3 First Meeting at an InnAfter everything had been arranged, Mo Xuetong and her maid, Mo Lan, did not waste any time. They were afraid that the horse carriage at the inn would leave if they were late.
- Chapter 4 Secrets in the Old ManorThere was someone else there? Mo Xuetong withdrew her hand as if she had been shocked. She looked at the dark alley. The door was closed and made it so that the area over there was dark and nothing could be seen clearly. She could vaguely make out a person wearing a leather robe. It looked like a young man.
- Chapter 5 Flying Thieves in Ziteng GardenThey could all see that Mo Xuetong was in a bad mood. They did not say anything else and all went out.
- Chapter 6 Punishing Xuetong’s Naughty MaidMo Xuetong sat in the horse carriage, leaning against the seat deep in thought. Mother Xu and the other maids thought that she was not feeling well and did not dare to startle her. All was silent in the horse carriage, leaving only the clopping of horse hooves.
- Chapter 7 Planning to Gift the OrchidMo Xuetong’s expression was frigid when she saw Nanny Li’s pathetic appearance and she ignored her.
- Chapter 8 The Plot Deepens as the Carriage Approaches the CapitalMo Xuetong set off early in the morning on the second day.
- Chapter 9 Fight at the Capital GatesThe horse carriages were blocked and the passers-by and a crowd of maids watched the scene from their carriages. Just as the commotion was growing, a few shouts could be heard from the front of the city gates.
- Chapter 10 Defeating the Hypocritical Elder SisterMo Xuemin felt threatened when she saw the suspicious gazes of the people around them. She wrung her handkerchief and her heart skipped a beat. However, she could only watch as the maid moved to pull the curtains open.
- Chapter 11 Goodbye, Mo Huawen“Sir, why did we not rush in according to plan earlier. Instead… the General Manor does not usually have dealings with you.” There was a beautiful woman wearing pink in the carriage. She sat to the side, making tea. Her actions were well-practiced and graceful. She stopped and asked curiously.
- Chapter 12 Auntie Fang’s Plot Revealed“Father, how are you feeling? Tong’er hasn’t been by your side. Tong’er is unfilial! It’s my fault for making you worry! Father was sad at mother’s passing, but Tong’er was insensible and I made you sad. I won’t do it again!” She bit her lips and her gentle voice was coupled with sobs. She could not control her tears and they flowed down without stopping. They rolled down her pale face and her body tremored.
- Chapter 13 Auntie Fang’s Defense in Lihe GardensHow would Auntie Fang dare to lift her sleeve up in front of Mo Huawen?
- Chapter 14 Enemies Meet AgainThat night, everyone in the Mo manor had a reunion dinner!
- Chapter 15 Mo Xuemin Got RejectedMo Xuetong saw Mo Huawen turn his head as if he was going to interfere. An innocent and bashful smile appeared on her face immediately. She twirled her handkerchief and spoke sweetly. “Father, Grandmother was worried and said that she would personally pick teaching nannies for me. I even heard that they’re from the palace and are better than those you’d find outside. Grandmother asked Tong’er to go to her place to learn etiquette in a few days.”
- Chapter 16 The Fight Between Sisters of Qingwei GardenAfter her observations last night, Mo Xuetong could tell that her father had something against her. His eyes were filled with some suspicion every time he looked at her dotingly. This confused Mo Xuetong. What had happened when her mother died for her father, who seemed to love her very much so, to abandon her?
- Chapter 17 Cousins of the General Manor Meet“Fa-father!” Mo Xueqiong was so frightened that her face had gone white.
- Chapter 18 Meeting Bai Yihao for the First TimeLuo Cheng was a general who had been guarding the borders all this while. He left his family in the capital and only Luo Wenyou and Luo Wenchi accompanied him. They studied martial arts as well, so they stayed at the borders with him. They rarely returned home.
- Chapter 19 The MeetingLuo Mingzhu smiled gratefully and let go of Mo Xuetong’s hand. She knew that Mo Xuetong’s words had convinced their grandmother to give her a chance to meet the man.
- Chapter 20 Sparing and TransactionBai Yihao looked at the charming young girl in front of him with his dark eyes. Her clear eyes were like clean waters without a single speck of dirt. Her long eyelashes fluttered and her eyes were calm. Her smile was still and beautiful. The girl who was so aloof but determined. It was something he had never seen before.
- Chapter 21 The Sisters Fight and were PunishedMother Xu immediately steeled herself as she spread the news to Mo Xueqiong’s courtyard. Fourth Miss had always been interested in the duke’s son, and it was no secret in the manor. Since Eldest Miss wanted to ruin her mistress’ reputation, then it was right that they drag Mo Xuetong into trouble as well since she had always been mean to Mo Xuetong. Mother Xu would not forget how Fourth Miss and First Miss had joined hands to make her mistress unhappy.
- Chapter 22 Auntie Plots AgainMo Xueqiong saw that there was no way to hide the issue. She blurted out the truth while crying.
- Chapter 23 The Note in the Old BookIt was a silent night. The moon was beautiful. The lights in Qingwei Garden were lit.
- Chapter 24 The Weird Repayment Temple
- Chapter 25 Meeting an Old Friend at the Buddhist Hall Chapter 25 Meeting an Old Friend at the Buddhist HallMo Xuetong was informed after dinner that she had to to go the hall on the left of the meditation garden without taking anyone with her. She could not see the face of the person approaching clearly in the night. She had a vague feeling that it was a guard. She gave Mo Lan a sheet of paper with the same symbol. Judging by the age of the paper, it was very old.
- Chapter 26 The Bastard Plots in the TempleAll was silent that night.
- Chapter 27 Plot Within a Plot. Using Her Illness to PlotMo Xuetong’s illness raged. She had a fever that night and was dazed from it.
- Chapter 28 The Falsely Solicitious Elder Sister Falls for the Plot (1)Mo Xuetong was taking medication when Mo Xuemin entered. The medicine had been prescribed by the manager of the Repayment Temple.
- Chapter 29 The Falsely Solicitious Elder Sister Falls for the Plot (2)There were four or five noble looking young men who hurried through the courtyard doors. They each brought their own servant and blocked the space at the entrance.
- Chapter 30 Xuetong Interferes in the Defense in the Study“Something has come up at home tonight. Will arrive tomorrow. Father is already suspicious. I hope you can bring people to the temple tomorrow. If Father sends someone to investigate the matter, they can take the punishment and you will be fine. We will speak in detail in person.” The note was signed off with Xuemin of the Mo Family.
- Chapter 31 Shifting the Blame to Auntie
- Chapter 32 The Mess at the Family Rites (1)Quiet days passed really quickly. Half a month went by in the blink of an eye. Nothing happened in the two weeks. It would be time for the Mo Manor family rites in a few days. The Mo Manor originated from a well-to-do family and was a family with a long history in the Qin Kingdom. Even though there were not any impressive officials among the main branch of descendants, they were well-known in their social circle. Mo Huawen was the eldest son of the main branch of the family. As such, he was in charge of the family rites.
- Chapter 33 The Mess at the Family Rites (2)Mo Huawen harrumphed and said, “Mo Lan, tell me what’s wrong with Tong’er. Have you all not taken good care of her and now she’s sick?”
- Chapter 34 Helping Father Plan His Legacy“We all saw that something was wrong when Third Miss knelt there. But Third Miss would not allow us to tell Old Sir. She said that she could bear with it and she did not want to make you sad…We wanted to tell Auntie but we saw that First Miss who was standing there looked fine and thought that it was uncomfortable for Third Miss because her skin was bad. We did not think that someone was so vicious to want to harm Miss.” Mo Lan knelt on the ground and spoke. She kowtowed as she spoke and tears ran down her face. The tray she raised above her head shone coldly and some of them even had traces of blood on them. It was shocking.
- Chapter 35 Princess Royal MingzhuThe enormous Mingzhu Hall seemed rather quiet. The two huge red empress trees made the palace more sinister than others. It was unlike the fanciness that concubines and princesses liked. Instead, there was not a single flower at the door. Even the dressing of the maids inside was very plain. One would not believe that this was the palace where there were beautiful people and fragrant flowers. This was because the Princess Royal Mingzhu, who had lived alone since she was young, lived here.
- Chapter 36 Mo Xuemin Pretends to Be IllThe injuries on Mo Xuetong’s knees were not serious. It was just a little inconvenient for her to stand and walk when she woke up the next day. Otherwise, one could not tell she was injured. She had just eaten breakfast when she heard a kerfuffle at the door. However, when they tried to listen to it carefully, they could not hear anything. It started to rain, and the raindrops fell pitter-pattering.
- Chapter 37 Injuries against Illness, Ruining Mo Xuemin’s PlotAre they just going to forget the matter? Had Mo Xuemin invited her here today just to watch this show? Are they going to hide away Auntie Fang’s mistake with just a claim that she was being negligent? Was her father not going to pursue the matter just because Mo Xuemin claimed to feel guilty? Mo Xuetong could hear the challenge that Mo Xuemin issued her.
- Chapter 38 The Plot Behind the BanquetThis was too much. How dare they make a fuss at his study. The anger that Mo Huawen felt toward Auntie Fang erupted. The veins on his forehead twitched and he bellowed, “Drag them away and have them beaten 30 times each. Throw them out of Mo Manor together with their family.” This was outrageous. Auntie Fang really thought of herself as the matriarch of the family. How dare she challenge his power!
- Chapter 39 The Reverse Plot. Checkmate.Indeed, Mo Huawen visited personally before nightfall. He even brought with him an invitation to the flower appreciation banquet.
- Chapter 40 The Mother and Daughter from Fuqing Garden Plots Again“I will mind myself. Auntie, please mind your own business next time as well or you might not only fail to become the matriarch but also lose your position as a concubine. Father’s tolerance has its limits too. Auntie, please consider elder brother and me when you do things. Don’t be full of yourself and do low-class things, forgetting your status. The General Manor has not had much to say to the Mo Manor recently because of the poor relations between them and father. Now that the little slut is back, there are some things that you cannot handle.” Mo Xuemin harrumphed and turned to speak to Mo Jin who had been standing outside the door, not even daring to move.