Author: Kaya, カヤ
Alternative Names: Tensei Youjo wa Akiramenai, 転生幼女はあきらめない
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo
When I woke up, I had been reborn as a baby. My mother passed away and I was neglected by my father. Even though I was born in a Marquis family, my life started on a HARD MODE. But I won’t be discouraged. I will eat well, sleep well, move much, get whatever I can get and live happily.
This is a story of a little girl with the power to create barriers involving everybody to become happy.
- Chapter 01: Life on Hard ModeI think I was drifting about in a warm and gentle place. However, an unbelievable sound came from my throat when seeing that I had suddenly appeared in a bright place from a dark, narrow and painful place.
- Chapter 02: I Won’t Give UpThe next time I wake up, I began doing things a baby would do. First of all, is to cry.
- Chapter 03: Meeting BrotherHas it been nearly six months? How do I know, you say? Actually, because I can roll in bed now. The range of my movements was only on the bed, but it was interesting to be able to move freely. My right leg is moved with a jerk, and then I put force in my hand at the end. See? I, who had rolled around, lifted my face from the bed and smiled towards the space which had no one in it.
- Chapter 04: Brother and IIt probably didn’t take a week for me to get along with brother.
- Chapter 05: Father and INow then, since I could stand up now, my bed was changed to a considerably lower one. One which was safe for me even if I were to fall down from it. Although it was common to have high fences on beds for babies, I moved around a lot, so I quickly learnt how to climb down the bed.
- Chapter 06: A Strange RelationshipSince then, Hannah rarely took her eyes off of me, and I also lost my chance to get out of the room. One night, I noticed that the door was opened. Is it Sebas? Recently, he’s gotten better at not sneaking in at night, so he comes during noon now, I thought. But no one came in.
- Chapter 07: Father, Brother and I“Daau, kyu, nyu, doon.” I explained that I was having a night stroll, but brother didn’t understand me.
- Chapter 08: Magic Stone, Sebas and IWhat happened since then, you say? Father didn’t have enough time. So as always, he would never see me in the mornings, but would always come to see me after he’d returned home from work. From after dinner until I slept, he would always keep me by his side, no matter what he did.
- Chapter 09: Father’s FriendsAlthough Sebas had said that I couldn’t start my magic training until I was 10, this incident was a good chance for to me to realise that I had magic.
- Chapter 10: If You Can Live Freely (Otou-sama’s POV)“I know why you don’t want her to debut. It’s because she’ll be targeted, right?” Stan looked at Lei, but his words irritated me.
- Chapter 11: Hannah and IThe fathers seem to be deepening their friendship, but a baby had baby things to do: pluck grass, dig dirt and chase after bugs.
- Chapter 12: The Prairie and II woke up because even though I was warm, I felt uncomfortable and claustrophobic. I was being held by someone, but I was shaking a lot more than usual.
- Chapter 13: The Dragon and IEven if I thought of different things to escape from reality, the dragon continued to run in rhythm, and I got further away from father and brother.
- Chapter 14: Lei’s Gone! (Otou-sama’s P.O.V)“Have you not left yet?!” I yelled at the Captain of the guard even though I knew it was hopeless.
- Chapter 15: Before the BarrierThis was the third day since I was kidnapped that night. This was also the third person who was guiding us. The third man seemed to be in a big rush and didn’t even let us have enough time to rest. Hannah and I were so groggy from having to ride on the dragons for hours that we almost dropped from exhaustion after we were let down for lunch.
- Chapter 16: Hannah“I’m sure they were running this way,” when it got dark, we heard the sounds of rustling and a person’s voice. Hannah hugged me straight away and made herself smaller.
- Chapter 17: Alistair and I (← Got Past the Worst)“Hey, I feel sorry for her. But what’re we gonna do with her?”
- Chapter 18: Leila! (Otou-sama’s POV)“Leila, Leila. Why!? Why did you stop me?!”
- Chapter 19: Even Babies SulkI, who thought that I would continue to sway as we travelled since we were on Rug Dragons, was confused while we continued in a slow and rhythmic pace. The Rug Dragons, which I had ridden until yesterday, had probably ran at an unreasonable speed since the people that had kidnapped me had to make their escape.
- Chapter 20: When Leila Woke Up, There Was –Apparently, I have a fever. I wasn’t on top of the Rug Dragon the next time I opened my eyes but in a dark tent. I was really thirsty.
- Chapter 21: Barrier BoxWhat did father say to brother? I recalled what father had said, “Listen, Luke, your power is large enough, but if you continue to channel your large power as it is, then your life will be shortened. You have to be able to effectively channel your magic into the magic stone without waste.”
- Chapter 22: The Little Ones (Bart’s P.O.V)“Look at this.”
- Chapter 23: Wait for MeI woke up because of the bright light, even though the room should’ve been dark until Hannah came because the curtains weren’t drawn.
- Chapter 24: When I Returned to the Royal Capital… (Otou-sama’s POV)When I returned to the Royal Capital, I went to the guard’s headquarters and then went home. Sadly, I couldn’t bring Lei back with me even though Luke and the other people in the mansion are looking forward to seeing her. I rode the Rug Dragon that I had gotten from Lazuli, and couldn’t control my gloomy feelings.
- Chapter 25: What Needs to Be Done (Otou-sama’s POV)“Master, the guard is here.”
- Chapter 26: Green PrairieI thought that the days I spent riding the dragons would be dreary, but it wasn’t. The view of the green prairie and forests looked fascinating. Especially since I had spent all my time in my room at the mansion and the garden.
- Chapter 27: HappinessAlistair shook his head.
- Chapter 28: Magic StoneToday’s training finished there. But, Alistair would sometimes become conscious of his magic, and Bart warned him, “Stop doing that while moving! You should know when to concentrate and when not to as a Hunter!” What about Mill? I looked at Mill who was casually riding on his dragon.
- Chapter 29: Magic is-“This magic stone? If it’s only this big, then I can fill it in no time.”
- Chapter 30: Journey(Alistair’s POV)
- Chapter 31: Luke’s Feelings (Otou-sama’s POV)“The Academy contacted me and reported that Luke-sama has fainted again,” Jude reported as soon as I got back home.
- Chapter 32: To the Northern Fief (Otou-sama’s POV)When I contacted Earl Neville, he happily agreed. This was the house where Claire was raised. They are simple folk and love people. That was how it was at that fief. However, he couldn’t decide whether or not to give permission on the task I wanted Luke to do.
- Chapter 33: Outside the Barrier (Otou-sama’s POV)Even though people say that boys are energetic, the 11-year-old Luke and 14-year-old Gill seemed tired. They quickly went to their rooms and fell asleep.
- Chapter 34: Grasped (Otou-sama’s POV)The five men who took the barrier box fit nicely inside.
- Chapter 35: LentforceWhen we approached the town, it wasn’t much different from the prairie. This was obviously farmland for wheat and beans. People were working in the fields, and there were Rug Dragons next to them. Some people noticed Bart and his crew and put their hands on their hips as they watched us while some waved.
- Chapter 36: Lei at the Pasture
- Chapter 37: (Lei’s) New House
- Chapter 38: Take Lei with or Not
- Chapter 39: Lei’s RequestWhen I woke up the next morning, I was sleeping on Alistair’s bed. He wasn’t there but the warmth he’d left still lingered next to me.
- Chapter 40: Lei’s Day