Author: Gang Chul Shin Gum, Steel New Sword, 강철신검
Alternative Names: Guardian, 수호
Genres: Action, Adventure, Slice of Life
In a world where money and power trumps all, Ahn Soo Ho, A.K.A. Magician, uses his superhuman abilities and his knowledge of the intelligence world to climb to the very top of the totem pole.
Due to his intimidating stature and cold personality, most would assume he’s doing it out of greed, but what many don’t know is that he has three weaknesses: His mother, his little sister, and his top star girlfriend, Jang Seol Hyun.
Join Ahn Soo Ho on an adventure through the mercenary, the establishment of his own entertainment company, and a trip around the world as he makes his way to become the richest man of Korea and protects what truly matters to him.
- Chapter 1: < Protect – Prologue – >When I was young, I lived in a house that had a stream flowing in front of it. It was perfect for a young child to play in since the water was only as deep as my knees. That might have been why all the kids in the neighborhood could be found there every summer. I was no exception. I was always the first one there and the last one to leave since I lived so close. But then one day, my close friend Kyung Ho and I noticed something half-submerged in the water.
- Chapter 2: < Protect – Episode 1 – Kim Dae Chan  >“Mr. Ahn?”
- Chapter 3: < Protect – Episode 2 – Kim Dae Chan  >Seoul seemed like it changed a lot, but it hasn’t. As a man who had seen many chaotic cities around the world, Ahn Soo Ho felt that Seoul didn’t have any unique characteristics. Seoul wasn’t a very attractive tourist attraction. One could say the Han River made up for many of the city’s downfalls. It was not common to see such a big river penetrating a capital city. Not even the Seine River, the Rhine River, or the River Thames seemed as big in comparison.
- Chapter 4: < Protect – Episode 3 – Kim Dae Chan  >One might think the chairman of Daesan Group would have fancy French food all the time, but Kim Dae San actually had cheap taste. What appeared on the table was fish cake soup and Japanese sake. It wasn’t because he loved Japanese food, but because the food he ate as a child was from Japan before the liberation.
- Chapter 5: < Protect – Episode 4 – Kim Dae Chan  >Jejudo wasn’t a small island.
- Chapter 6: < Protect – Episode 5 – Park Ok Nam  >Kim Dae Chan’s body boiled up at Ahn Soo Ho’s request to rewrite the contract and caused him to fly down to Jejudo using an inspection as an excuse. The Jejudo affiliates of Daesan Group stiffened up upon the vice-chairman’s arrival.
- Chapter 7: < Protect – Episode 6 – Park Ok Nam  >Ahn Soo Ho didn’t come down to Jejudo only for its fame as a popular tourist destination in Korea.
- Chapter 8: < Protect – Episode 7 – Park Ok Nam  >When Ahn Soo Ho looked into it, he realized how unfortunate his mom’s life was. The men she met after divorcing his father were sweet at first, but they turned out to be nothing but loud yet empty vessels.
- Chapter 9: < Protect – Episode 8 – Kim Dae Gil  >The high school students of the 20th century were crazy about a real-time strategy game an American developer released. As a result, their academic performance had a rapid decline and the educational authorities argued that the white people were plotting to bring Korea down.
- Chapter 10: < Protect – Episode 9 – Kim Dae Gil  >There were many conspiracy theories in this world.
- Chapter 11: < Protect – Episode 10 – Kim Dae Gil  >Kim Dae Gil, the other vice-chairman of Daesan Group, seemed to change a lot, but he was still a playboy. Since before Ahn Soo Ho returned to Korea, he went around stirring up Japan, China, Russia, and the States. Kim Dae Gil, who had returned to Korea after his business trip, visited Ahn Soo Ho in his big brother’s stead.
- Chapter 12: < Protect – Episode 11 – Do Kyung Ho  >Lee Seon Mi left and Ahn Soo Ho remained.
- Chapter 13: < Protect – Episode 12 – Do Kyung Ho  >“It’s good to see you again.”
- Chapter 14: < Protect – Episode 13 – Do Kyung Ho  >The things a group of men can do in Korea is limited. Men couldn’t walk down the streets holding hands, and it didn’t look favorable to hang out at a café. What about the movie theatre? It’s better to go alone than with a bunch of guys. The only thing men can do comfortably is go out for food and drinks.
- Chapter 15: < Protect – Episode 14 – Lee Hyo Geun  >“You look busy.”
- Chapter 16: < Protect – Episode 15 – Lee Hyo Geun  >Daniel Navarros arrived at Daesan Hotel in Seoul at the prearranged time. Seeing how he came with a group of security guards, he must know there’s a reward for him.
- Chapter 17: < Protect – Episode 16 – Lee Hyo Geun  >Ahn Soo Ho returned to Jejudo.
- Chapter 18: < Protect – Episode 17 – Lee Jung Hoon  >“You don’t seem to be in a superb mood.”
- Chapter 19: < Protect – Episode 18 – Lee Jung Hoon  >There’s an effective technique used to beat people up just like how there’s an effective one for dating too.
- Chapter 20: < Protect – Episode 19 – Lee Jung Hoon  >Lee Mi Hyun hated living as a noble who held onto past honors. They’re incapable humans full of authority, bluff, and vanity, who’ve achieved nothing themselves. She wanted to escape the life of pretending to be noble yet everyone unacknowledged this wish of hers and having no choice but to deny reality. She wanted to be free of her family, who were always butting into every aspect of her life.
- Chapter 21: < Protect – Episode 20 – Jang Seol Hyun  >The group of people gathered at the building beside Daesan Hotel in Jejudo gave awkward glances at each other.
- Chapter 22: < Protect – Episode 21 – Jang Seol Hyun  >“An exclusive contract? She still has two years left at FNB.”
- Chapter 23: < Protect – Episode 22 – Jang Seol Hyun  >Her name is Anna Anne.
- Chapter 24: < Protect – Episode 23 – Kim Soo Jung  >Ahn Soo Ho didn’t help Daesan Group because of Kim Dae Chan or patriotism.
- Chapter 25: < Protect – Episode 24 – Kim Soo Jung  >Kim Kang Woon’s body had been left alone in Daesan Group’s safety house in Seoul.
- Chapter 26: < Protect – Episode 25 – Kim Soo Jung  >If someone would ask what the motive of the hostage incident was, the answer was money. It was nothing more and nothing less. Even though the States’ motive and Central and South America’s complicated politics could have been involved, the end objective was money. This was a fact that would never change.
- Chapter 27: < Protect – Episode 26 – Vitali  >Ahn Soo Ho didn’t have any personal feelings about Park Sang Goo. If he wasn’t so greedy, they wouldn’t have had to interact with each other. Do Kyung Ho, who was taken to the ER, received treatment and testified to a police officer. Park Sang Goo wasn’t the only part of Do Kyung Ho’s past that was catching up with him. That was because he had quite the reputation among the police as well.
- Chapter 28: < Protect – Episode 27 – Vitali  >Mi Na’s agency labeled her as the post-Seol Hyun and actively supported her. Many talked about how she failed in Hollywood, but Seol Hyun was still the star in the eyes of the public and advertisers. Whether it was intentional or not, Mi Na did many things because of Seol Hyun. She wore the clothes she wore, used the makeup she used, ate the food she ate, and even filmed similar commercials in order to look like rivals.
- Chapter 29: < Protect – Episode 28 – Vitali  >Ahn Soo Ho, who returned to Daesan Hotel before midnight, put the three girls in a suite room and talked to Do Kyung Ho privately. They were supposed to meet tomorrow, but he couldn’t wait. He didn’t realize this earlier, but the bruise had darkened on his face, which reminded him of that animal that inhabits China.
- Chapter 30: < Protect – Episode 29 – Do Min Ho  >Ahn Soo Ho decided not to get involved in Kim Dae Chan’s negotiation.
- Chapter 31: < Protect – Episode 30 – Do Min Ho  >Ahn Soo Ho just laughed at Jang Seol Hyun’s bombshell announcement.
- Chapter 32: < Protect – Episode 31 – Do Min Ho  >Do Min Ho didn’t think he could convince his big brother by himself. So he called Do Dae Ho and Do In Ho for help. The plan was to use Dae Ho’s strong persistence and In Ho’s tough but moderate tactics disguised with logic and reason to target their big brother. However, Do Kyung Ho said something before Do Min Ho could say anything.
- Chapter 33: < Protect – Episode 32 – Jina Davis  >The International Cooperation Agency kidnapping incident was released to the public after 40 days, and the backfire was tremendous.
- Chapter 34: < Protect – Episode 33 – Jina Davis  >The International Cooperation Agency acted quickly under an elaborate plan in Sao Paulo. And they hid outside of the city before the Brazilian police caught on. Brazil, which became more serious than just the gap between the rich and the poor, suffered from incidents that Koreans wouldn’t be able to dream of.
- Chapter 35: < Protect – Episode 34 – Jina Davis  >Ahn Soo Ho wasn’t in a rush. In the current situation, it wasn’t about the truth behind the kidnapping incident, but how that could benefit him. It was difficult to see Deep Breath as kidnappers, but no matter what great mercenaries they were, going against a military with government support was like running into a fire.
- Chapter 36: < Protect – Episode 35 – Aragon Company  >“I talked to Ahn Soo Ho.”
- Chapter 37: < Protect – Episode 36 – Aragon Company  >The powerful press of the States, Washington Post released an investigative report a few days ago.
- Chapter 38: < Protect – Episode 37 – Aragon Company  >After Ahn Soo Ho finished negotiating with the stupid or our so-called world leaders, he went straight to Rio de Janeiro. If the administrative capital of Brazil was Brasilia and the economic capital was Sao Paulo, the crime capital was Rio de Janeiro.
- Chapter 39: < Protect – Episode 38 – Returner Group  >Ahn Soo Ho gathered the Brazilian president, Minister of Public Order, Minister of Justice, and the Secretary of Defense.
- Chapter 40: < Protect – Episode 39 – Returner Group  >Jina Davis couldn’t remain silent about her being the sole survivor.