Author: Guan Zhong Lao Ren, 关中老人
Alternative Names: 最强逆袭
Genres: Action, Drama, Harem, Shounen, Wuxia
Everyone had the right to choose his or her life. Maybe many people wanted to live an ordinary life, but Qin Sheng didn’t want to be a mediocre man. He had practiced martial arts under the guidance of his grandfather in the Zhongnan Mountains since he was a child. After two years’ wandering life, he decided to settle in Shanghai, so he contacted Han Guoping, a rich businessman, and took the job as his daughter’s safeguard. He thought that he only needed to protect Han Bing. However, things seemed more complicated. He got to know that Han Guoping offended a powerful figure and his life might be in danger. What would Qin Sheng do to help the Han family? Would he turn the tables?
- Chapter 1 I Am Not a TrashZhongnan Mountains, the crown of the mountains, the number one Blessed Land under the heavens.
- Chapter 2 One Day…Qin Sheng liked to take the train and didn’t want to take the plane. It wasn’t because he was afraid of heights or something else, the reason was that he could watch the scenery along the way. Sometimes, he could also observe passersby from everywhere to find interesting people.
- Chapter 3 This is a little awkward…If someone happened to hear this, they would either think that he was crazy or despise him.
- Chapter 4 Who Did You Offend?Qin Sheng did not do it on purpose, but Han Bing didn’t think so.
- Chapter 5 What Are You Crying For?
- Chapter 6 This was the main course…In the end, Qin Sheng held Lin Xin’s hand and left. Everyone looked at each other, they could not guess the ending nor the process, they never thought that it would be the man who came out of nowhere got the beauty.
- Chapter 7 He’s even more domineering than meWho were Han Guoping’s enemies? They just acted unremittingly.
- Chapter 8 Don’t Think Too MuchQin Sheng was injured…
- Chapter 9 No More ChanceSince Qin Sheng had nothing to do, so he sized up the decorations of the company. This old fogey was indeed lacking in morals. He must spend quite a lot of money to hire someone to arrange the company’s feng shui. However, he still had the temperament of a nouveau riche, which could be noticed from the grandiose and vulgar decorations. He had definitely made quite a bit of money in the past few years.
- Chapter 10 Always Be ThereSince Qin Sheng had protected Han Bing twice in a row, and was injured because of her last night, Han Bing’s attitude towards Qin Sheng had changed greatly. This was a good start.
- Chapter 11 ReunionQin Sheng’s life in college was simple and uneventful. Apart from attending courses and working part-time, he spent his time in the library and in elective courses. He only wanted this part of his life to be sufficient and fulfilling.
- Chapter 12 Grandpa, I Missed You.The relationships between men were simple and straightforward. Men could move on in most situations as long as they shared thoughts and feelings with others. While women were different. Close friends might secretly conduct bad things to each other and turn life into a drama.
- Chapter 13 ShockingEver since he was young, Qin Sheng had been living with his grandfather. Very few people could understand his feelings and circumstances. What he envied the most was that other children had happy families, but he only had his grandfather, so he was so touched when he felt the warmth that he never experienced before in Lin Family.
- Chapter 14 Like Leaves Falling Back to the RootsWhen he was young, Qin Sheng couldn’t understand why his grandfather would always bring him to meet strangers. These people were all hidden in the endless Mountain Zhongnan, just like those ancient cultivators who lived in a secluded life and were extremely mysterious.
- Chapter 15 Qin Sheng Couldn’t Do ItHan Guo Ping’s funeral was extremely low-key, to the point where nothing seemed to have happened. Han Guo Ping’s subordinates and trusted aides planned to hold a grand funeral and memorial event, but those arrangements were all mercilessly rejected by Han Bing, while Qin Sheng and Chen Bei Ming both raised their two hands in approval.
- Chapter 16 No Longer Coming BackQin Sheng had promised Han Guoping that he would protect Han Bing. Now that Han Guoping had passed away, Qin Sheng could well shed his responsibility of protecting Han Bing. After all, it was merely an agreement. In the present society, whoever took this seriously could eventually be made to pay with his own life or be admonished.
- Chapter 17 It’s FinishedQin Sheng once came across a phrase saying, “What is the height a man should attain in his life before he could make a name for himself after he dies?”
- Chapter 18 Unable to Leave…Qin Sheng and Chen Beiming were on high alert for any unforeseen crisis the moment they set foot on Han Village. After all, it could be quite chaotic at a funeral such as this because everyone did not know each other, thinking the others were just some relatives and friends of the Hans. This was an opportunity for the trouble makers.
- Chapter 19 Rather Break Than Yield, and Never Give InThis road could only lead to the Hans village, there is not a lot of traffic normally especially at night. At this very moment, four cars appeared in the same time at the front and back of them. Qin Sheng and Chen Beiming realized what’s going on.
- Chapter 20 Not Giving Up As Long As Not Dead…Old Wu and Chen Beiming had risked their lives to redeem some precious time for Qin Sheng and Han Bing such that Qin Sheng managed to drag Han Bing running along a great distance away. Qin Sheng had grown up in the hills and this was a great advantage to them. On the other hand, Han Bing left Han Village for Shanghai only when she was sixteen. Han Village was not only her parents’ hometown, it was hers as well. She used to play around the hills, therefore she was also very familiar with the surrounding area.
- Chapter 21 I Had Been Waiting For You…There was a common saying that went, “Accident or tomorrow, you will never know which will come first.”
- Chapter 22 Thirty Percent of Strength…Perhaps Qin Sheng and Hao Lei would not be able to tell the commoners apart from saint living in Zhongnan Mountains, there was no doubt that Qin Sheng’s grandfather could immediately point them out. When Qin Sheng was still a boy, his grandfather had brought him to see these real saints in recluse.
- Chapter 23 I Am Not Totally ContentedThe real recluse camouflages himself in the city. Hao Lei was convinced this time. He had not expected Chang Baji, who worked at this kind of place, was actually such a powerful man. Why would he stoop here?
- Chapter 24 Kill the Chicken to Warn the Monkey…Chang Baji and Hao Lei were riding a Mercedes S500 at the front, while Qin Sheng drove a Maserati with Han Bing at the back seat. All three man had a well-defined role in this. Their only mission was to ensure Han Bing’s safety no matter what happened. They did not wish to blow this matter up in Shanghai. After all, Shanghai was not Tianshui.
- Chapter 25 Walking the Tightrope…Who was this Zhao Dongsheng? He must be a formidable character, who managed to rise to such high standing in the company, being just second to Han Guoping. He was even able to suppress the elders under Liu Hejun’s lead and even Liu Hejun was afraid of him.
- Chapter 26 Familiar…Of Han Guoping’s three henchmen, namely Zhao Dongsheng, Liu Hejun and Zheng Ping, was the professional manager. According to Chen Beiming’s analysis, Zheng Ping was not crafty and devious like Zhao Dongsheng and Liu Hejin. His ambition was to make use of Guoping Group as a platform to realize his personal goal and value, which was why Han Guoping trusted him and put him in an important position to maintain a neutral office environment.
- Chapter 27 Give Others a Chance…Putuo Mountain was situated among the islands of Zhou Mountains. Putuo Mountain, together with Wutai Mountain, E’Mei Mountain, and Jiuhua Mountain were the four famous Buddhist Mountains, also where people gather to practice Avalokiteśvara’s philosophy. Putuo Mountain had also been mentioned in some well-known sayings regarding famous mountains.
- Chapter 28 More Beautiful than SpringHengshan Road in Shanghai was as good as Sanli Village in Beijing. There was always such a place in every city, for example, there were Fude Street in Xi’an and Languifang in Chengdu. Every evening when the street lights came on, the men and women of the city would gather at these places to destress after an entire day of hard work. Among the people, some were lonely or even sad and they would drown their sorrows and anxieties with alcohol, listen to live music to liberate their spirits. It was here that people satisfied their desires through various different means.
- Chapter 29 Not PossibleSome old songs may require more mature singers who had been through much in life to express their essence. For example, when the song “Looking Back”, was sung by a young singer, he would not be able to bring out its essence compared to if it were sung by an uncle. Just as it was suitable for Qin Sheng to sing “More Beautiful than Spring” but not “Looking Back”.
- Chapter 30 Star With Killing One Person…Prior to returning to the city of Shanghai, Qin Sheng was traveling the world. Little did he expect to be involved in the Han Family’s trouble. He had always kept himself out of any form of trouble, although he was a capable man. If there were people within the Han Family who were able to shoulder the family’s responsibility and resolve the issues, he would not have to get involved.
- Chapter 31 I Have Begun to Like you…Both Zhou Wenwu and Han Guoping were big shots in Shanghai. If he had not destroyed Han Guoping, Qin Sheng would have been his admirer because he had been an ambitious and ruthless person. Zhou Wenwu would not have climbed to such a high position if he were someone with no capabilities. All the glory he was enjoying was directly proportionate to the hard work he had put in.
- Chapter 32 Yan FamilyIn Beijing, there was no shortage of officials; In Shanghai, there was no shortage of rich people. Rich people all lived in luxurious houses. Rich young people loved the big flat house locating on banks of the bund, when old rich people liked the independent villa in Sheshan. If he still had burdens and passion, he might have a villa in downtown.
- Chapter 33 Big BrotherDue to the large assets accumulated by Old Master Yan over the years, the Yans exerted great influence in Shanghai. Although the Yans were not an absolute authority, they were still a family which the others were cautious not to offend. On the otherside of the coin, the friends of the Yans were all figures of authority and they naturally despised people like Zhao Dongsheng. Put bluntly, the Yans would wonder if Zhou Dongsheng would be any value to their family.
- Chapter 34 Dead…Qin Sheng had always thought that someone with an elder brother or sister was very fortunate. No matter what happened, there would be someone by their side, reassuringly telling him that everything would be fine, because his elder brother or sister would be there for him.
- Chapter 35 Do You Understand?Zhao Dongsheng was dead?
- Chapter 36 FightingLiu Hejun and Han Guoping built up their business from nothing. From the beginning to now, how many people still chose to with Han Guoping? And if they chose to stay, how many of them would be put in important positions after these many years?
- Chapter 37 LeavingLiu Hejun and his fellows were confused about Qin Sheng, a stranger who appeared all in sudden. From all the information they got, except his relationship with Jiang Xianbang, the big shot, Qin Sheng seemed having nothing special. But what abilities he had, to enable him to join in Han’s Family business, and lived until today though under great pressure of Zhou Wenwu and Zhao Dongsheng.
- Chapter 38 No regrets?Fate first, luck second, timing third, virtue forth, knowledge fifth, title sixth, look seventh, respect to God eighth, helpful person ninth, good health tenth.
- Chapter 39 The Past…Jiang Xianbang was an orphan since childhood. He had no father, no mother and no children. He grew up eating meals from a hundred families. When he was eight years old, he met a man who did ignominious things. He was adopted as a son, and started to do immoral business like digging graves to sell. Slowly he learned a lot of real skills, after the end of the man’s death, he officially inherited this so-called career. But Jiang Xianbang was smart, his brain was particularly alert and active. He found a shortcut that made his business become bigger and bigger. Until his early 35s, they encountered a big deal that would absolutely let everyone get wealth instantly. A man from his core team finally got a dissatisfaction, killing the other four people in addition to Jiang Xianbang.
- Chapter 40 New Beginning…Qing was a teacher of the National Music Department of the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. Her mother died very early. She lived with her grandparents at a young age, and then her father died inexplicably. She first met Jiang Xianbang at that time. This uncle handled everything about her father’s funeral.