Author: Lian Shuang, 帘霜
Alternative Names: 嫡女有毒
Genres: Harem, Josei, Romance
A lonely soul, which was placed under the care of the Lord Protector’s Manor, ended up having her lover stolen by the family’s eldest daughter and dying tragically the day before her wedding.
Somehow, she was reborn in the family as their 14-year-old first wife’s daughter, Ning Xueyan, with a startlingly familiar face.
Step by step, she will ruthlessly scheme to seek revenge as well as uncover the mystery of her tragic death.
Her former fiancee, the flirty crown prince and the bloodthirsty prince, will now bear witness to a vengeful Ning Xueyan becoming the peerless lady of her generation…
- Chapter 1 Previous Hatred and Drowning“Miss, Ning Ziying has been beaten and is passed out. Should I continue to beat her?”
- Chapter 2 Ning Xueyan Reborn at the Funeral“Where am I?”
- Chapter 3 Ning Xueyan Shows Off Her Great Change“Mother Yun, I heard that you are in charge of the kitchen today. Why didn’t the masters have dinner, yet all the servants have eaten?” Ning Xueyan stretched out her hand and pointed at the greasy corner of Mother Han’s mouth, smiling ironically.
- Chapter 4 Disorder and the Evil ServantThe surrounding maids and women reacted because the Fifth Young Lady still was a mistress of the manor even though she was not favored. If something bad were to happen to her, all of them would be punished. So they were overwhelmed at the moment, just trying to wake Ning Xueyan up and calling for a doctor.
- Chapter 5 The Strange Fragrance at the FuneralNing Xueyan unsteadily stood up, holding onto Mother Han’s hand, and said, “Grandma, please spare Mother Yun. We were too impulsive just now.”
- Chapter 6 Ning Xueyan Relieves Madam Dowager’s Anger“Go and see where Mother Yun will be locked up.”
- Chapter 7 Who Will Be Responsible for the Scandal?Hearing Madam Dowager’s inquiry, Madam Ling hurried to cry out her grievances!
- Chapter 8 The Threat Comes from Ning Xueyan’s UncleWhen Ning Xueyan finished saying that, they were all silent due to fear. The entire house was in silence.
- Chapter 9 Mother Yun Escapes to Her Sister’s HomeNing Zu’an stood up, glanced at Madam Ling, and left quickly, disregarding her screaming.
- Chapter 10 The Maid Who Took Advantage of Her PowerNing Xueyan looked out and saw that Qingrui was back.
- Chapter 11 Slap the Servants Who Slight Their MasterNing Xueyan sneered inwardly when she spotted the red clothing that maid Qingrui exposed.
- Chapter 12 Neither Plain Nor Pure White ClothesMadam Dowager was drawn here after she noticed Qingyu running off to get Frigid Pills.
- Chapter 13 First Madam’s PeopleOut of nowhere, Ning Xueyan turned around and bellowed, “Stop right there!”
- Chapter 14 The Personal Maid of Ning Xueyan’s Previous Life“How can she not know who Lanning is?” Ning Xueyan had the thought while she was gripping her lapel.
- Chapter 15 Mean SistersNing Xueyan propped herself up to get back on her feet and adjusted her clothing before walking out to the mourning hall.
- Chapter 16 The Handsome and Ruthless Prince YiA bellow abruptly came from the door!
- Chapter 17 Vicious; The Beauty Get Intoxicated Amid Peach Blossoms“Imperial physician, how is our Young Lady doing?”
- Chapter 18 Confrontation with the Wickedly Charming ManNing Xueyan shivered inwardly. She made the correct bet. This man was typically a man who made good on his word and one who couldn’t tolerate any annoyance. She never thought that she would end up provoking a person like him. Right now, she could only stay humble.
- Chapter 19 Mixed-breed; Not Favored?After giving his prayers in front of Madam Ming’s coffin, Prince Yi left with his entourage without waiting for Ning Zu’an to return. It wasn’t until he left that Ning Lingyun finally dared to come out of the side room.
- Chapter 20 Little Affection between Father and Daughter“Fa… Father…” Ning Lingyun never imagined that Ning Zu’an would appear here at this moment. Her face instantly paled and she was so frightened that her voice trembled.
- Chapter 21 The Corpse at the Bright Frost Garden’s Entrance“What happened?” A frowning Ning Xueyan turned around and looked at Mother Han in confusion. She had never seen Mother Han looking this panicked.
- Chapter 22 Secret; The Link between the Past and PresentWhen everyone turned around, they saw an ashen-faced Ning Zu’an and an elderly eunuch standing behind them.
- Chapter 23 Panic; Chaos in the Cloud Reflection CourtyardMadam Ming was buried the next day. Few came to witness the ceremony. In fact, the number of witnesses was fewer than those who came to pay their respects at the mourning hall that day. Some manors merely sent their housekeeper as a representative but Ning Xueyan expected this. To put it nicely, a co-wife was also considered a wife, whose position was equivalent to a wife. However, to put it frankly, a co-wife was a concubine. She had no right to demand anything for a concubine’s funeral.
- Chapter 24 Face Powder; Ning Ziyan’s PresentNing Xueyan walked up to the table and opened one of the boxes. She used her sharp fingernail to scrap the powder and placed them near her nose for a sniff. It was a light, natural fragrance. It was the type of face powder most popular among young ladies, whether in terms of texture or fragrance. She smirked. “Keep this and put it in the drawer. We can talk about it after I return.”
- Chapter 25 Nemesis; Meeting Ning Ziyan Again“Yes, Young Master Xia has been occupying his usual residence. He used to come here every now and then to offer incense. Every month, he would spend three nights here,” the young novice monk immediately answered. Evidently, he was very familiar with Xia Yuhang.
- Chapter 26 The Woman Who Selfishly Lingers in the Cold Mountain TempleThe ladies chatted as they walked. Ning Ziyan didn’t realize that Ning Xueyan was “accidentally” leading her down a trail.
- Chapter 27 They Can Forget About Being Happy ThemselvesThe woman who walked over in an “ordinary” manner kneeled and knocked her head hard on the ground before raising her head fearfully. She wasn’t a great beauty but she was petite and had a pitiful look. Tears cascaded down her cheeks as if she had been bullied. “It’s a misunderstanding, Young Madam. Young Master Xia saved me, settled me here, and even contacted my family for me. We’re not really in a relationship. Please trust me, Madam. Let… Let me die to express my innocence.”
- Chapter 28 Winning Lanning’s HeartAfter falling into the water last time, Ning Ziyan had been ignored by Xia Yuhang for more than half a year. She had sneaked into Xia Manor afterward, kneeling down in front of Xia Yuhang for six hours with lightly dressed. She fainted later so Xia Yuhang forgave her reluctantly, and he warned her not to be against the woman.
- Chapter 29 Dressing up as a Man, Ning Xueyan Offends Prince YiNing Xueyan had a nightmare again! She lifted her quilt, smiling ruefully, and stood up. Then she walked toward the table to grab a cup of cold tea, pouring in her mouth. But she was too weak to swallow the cold water. She poured in quickly, so she had to grasp her chest for a slight cough. Although she tried to do exercise every day, it seemed that she hadn’t get better.
- Chapter 30 Meeting Third Prince with Soft Talking“Move the hat away! It is an order! How dare you!” Ning Xueyan’s reaction annoyed the guard. Using his sharp knife, the guard was about to kill her because nobody could do such things in front of Prince Yi.
- Chapter 31 Killing Intent FlashesThinking about it, Ning Xueyan took a bowl to Prince Yi and said, “Your Highness, your favor will be carved on my bones.”
- Chapter 32 The Reunion of the Niece and Uncle“Come here, sit down.” The madam showed thin happiness on her face with complex emotion emerging from the bottom of her eyes. There was a little sadness in her eyes. She reached out to point at the stone chair aside asking Ning Xueyan to sit down.
- Chapter 33 Emergency, Madam Dowager ArrivesNing Xueyan was very relieved now.
- Chapter 34 Ning Xueyan Goes to the Bamboo Forest after Dressing UpAs soon as Ning Xueyan left, Lanning went to see with concern but encountered Prince Yi’s guard of honor, so she quickly knelt beside the road. Then she knew that it was Prince Yi who came, knowing that most of the monks of Cold Mountain Temples went to greet him and would not have time to take care of other guests.
- Chapter 35 It’s Said that the Third Prince is Friendly and HandsomeAo Chenyi’s smile was ruthless. He leaned backward lazily, narrowed his eyes, and said, “Tell His Majesty I said that Zuo Zhibing intended to kill me and gossiped about the royal family. His crime is unforgivable. So I killed him to warn others.”
- Chapter 36 The Young Lady, Ning Yuling, Was ComingEverything was in silence in the room. Ning Xueyan dropped her eyes slightly, thinking she could be sure the one who had been at the end of the road was Third Prince. Ning Yuling had regarded herself as Third Prince’s wife already. Ning Ziyan told Ning Xueyan many times before that Ning Yuling was Highest-ranking Imperial Concubine Ya’s beloved girl, and was determined to be the wife of Third Prince in the future. Not only did she have the thought herself, but also Madam Dowager and Madam Ling had it.
- Chapter 37 Sudden Appearance of Prince Yi and the Military Medallion from the Preceding Dynasty“Third prince has always been gentle to women with good manners. There are many women admiring him in the backyard. What’s the difference in having a few more!” Ning Xueyan replied gingerly. Neither did she care about Third Prince nor had she any thoughts for him at the moment. The only reason that she didn’t want Ning Yuling to marry Third Prince was that it would be very disadvantageous to her.
- Chapter 38 Let Her Know Who is the Master of Lord Protector’s ManorMadam Dowager was having a nap now, so it was not her who asked someone to come.
- Chapter 39 Madam Dowager’s PartialityThe ridicule of everyone was coming to Ning Yuling.
- Chapter 40 Ning Yuling Falls Down BadlyNing Yuling didn’t expect Madam Dowager to yell at her. Looking at Madam Dowager’s unpleasant face, Ning Yuling was shocked, and she couldn’t help but say, “Grandma!”