Author: Aizawa Daisuke
Alternative Names: Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!, The Eminence in Shadow, 陰の実力者になりたくて！
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Harem, Martial Arts, School Life
Just like how everyone adored heroes in their childhood, a certain young man adored those powers hidden in shadows. After hiding his strength and living the mediocre life of a mob character by day while undergoing frenzied training by night, he finally reincarnates into a different world and gains ultimate power. The young man who is only playing at being a power in the shadows, his misunderstanding subordinates, and a giant organization in the shadows that gets trampled…. This is the story of a young boy who had adored powers in shadows possibly eventually reigning over the world of shadows in another world.
- Chapter 1: Remaining Within the Limits of Being Human Means You Would Be Vaporized By a TaepodongI don’t remember what was the trigger. All I know is that ever since I can remember, I’ve always yearned after “powers in the shadows.”
- Chapter 2: Bandits Are Basically Just Walking Bonus Stages
- Chapter 3: Sudden Emergence of the Order of Diabolos?!It’s been almost a month, I guess.
- Chapter 4: If Only He Had Hair……It has been about 3 years since the establishment of Shadow Garden. Alpha and I have both become 13 years old, and my older sister Claire is now 15. There is no particular meaning associated with the age 13, but that is not the case with the age 15. When the children of nobles reach 15, they have to attend a school in the royal capital for 3 years. Nee-san is pretty much the rising hope of the Kagenou baron family, so my mom is all pumped up with setting up the farewell party and all that. Yep, rising hope indeed.
- Chapter 5: Real Member of the Order, and Real Person of the CurseA man was walking alone through a dark underground tunnel.
- Chapter 6: Your Drug Test Result is ‘Positive’By the time Olba reached the front lines, the entire area was already thoroughly dyed with blood. The soldiers protecting this high value facility were by no means weak. Among them were even those with enough strength to join the Imperial Guards.
- Chapter 7: A Simple Fighting Lesson, Power in Shadows Style (With Only This Much, You Are Also a Power in the Shadows?!)“I’m lost.”
- Chapter 8: Powers in the Shadows are LonelyThe aura around Olba is changing.
- Chapter 9: The Frolicking of Those Who Know Nothing of the World of ShadowsI have finally become 15 years old, and have matriculated into the Midgar Magic Swordsman Academy. It is known as one of the top leading magic swordsman academies in the continent, gathering talents from both inside and outside of our country.
- Chapter 10: Apparently He Discovered Her Secret And Is Blackmailing Her……“Isn’t it strange?!”
- Chapter 11: Conflict is Entertaining When You Are Uninvolved(T/N: The word ‘sword’ will appear often in this chapter, and it might mean various things. Aside from the physical object, it could also refer to a person’s swordsmanship, their approach to sword fighting, or some other nuance.)
- Chapter 12: Hi, My Name Is Pochi! Nice to Meet You, Everyone!“In other words, Alexia and Zenon-sensei are engaged, and I’m the stalking horse?”
- Chapter 13: Incidentally, I’m In the Zenon FactionTwo weeks after that, I am somehow making do as Alexia’s boyfriend. Every once in a while I get harassed by other students, but everything so far is still within tolerable levels.
- Chapter 14: It Would Take Serious Effort To Make Me Truly Flip Out“How long has it been since we last had a meal with just the three of us like this?”
- Chapter 15: Oh Wow, What a Wonderful Idea (In a Monotone Voice)“Is that it for your report?”
- Chapter 16: Currently Writing the Complete Version of ‘The War Chronicles of Shadow-sama’“The time has come…… Tonight shall belong to the world of shadows……”
- Chapter 17: Fragment of Diabolos! Squish!“Wh-, who are you, what have we ever done to you?!?!”
- Chapter 18: Keep Watching from Below the Stage‘What on earth is happening?’
- Chapter 19: Far Off Memory“Y-, you, why are you here?!”
- Chapter 20: “I AM……”Clad in jet black from head to toe, deep hood pulled forward, face hidden behind a magician’s mask.
- Chapter 21: [Urgent Question] The Way to Dispose of a Dead Body on Campus [Anon]Early summer finds two students standing together on a rooftop.
- Chapter 22: That Which Anyone Would OverlookSummer is almost here.
- Chapter 23: Otherworld General Trading Company Mitsugoshi Co.In the late afternoon, I went to cancel my entry in the Senbatsu Tournament.
- Chapter 24: 7 Girls and 1 Guy. Obviously Someone’s Going to Be Left OutGamma is smart. She really is smart, but she also possesses an enormous weakness.
- Chapter 25: Respite in an Alleyway“Fumu……”
- Chapter 26: Ugh, My Head……The place of fighting turns out to be deep within a dark alleyway.
- Chapter 27: High Heels & One Piece & White LegsTwo figures are dashing through the royal capital in the night.
- Chapter 28: Otherworld-Style Valentine’s DayAlexia is lying in a clean bed, looking up at her older sister’s very serious face.
- Chapter 29: A Mob Can Tell“What is this?”
- Chapter 30: ___ BastardLooking down at the academy garden, Nyuu’s eyes narrow behind her glasses.
- Chapter 31: Can You Keep Up With Me?If someone asks who is the strongest in the academy, a year ago, the unanimous answer would have been Iris Midgar.
- Chapter 32: The Undying Magic SwordsmanAfter the match, it seemed that I was going to be forcefully brought to the infirmary, so I gave them the slip and escaped.
- Chapter 33: What Every Boy in the Universe Dreams OfThe next day after my revival, the morning class ended a bit earlier than normal.
- Chapter 34: There Are Times When A Mob Has to ActConfirming that there is no longer anyone left in the classroom, I pound my chest with my fist.
- Chapter 35: The Romance of Looking Down From a RooftopI am now on a roof, looking out over the entire academy.
- Chapter 36: Relieved That It’s More Decent Than ExpectedWith me supporting Sherry, we make our way to the Vice Principal’s office. Incidentally, along the way, I secretly took care of 5 more guys.
- Chapter 37: The Course of an Advanced Psychological BattleThat was something that happened when Lex was walking down a hallway together with some subordinates.
- Chapter 38: Lending Just a Tiny Bit of HelpNyuu looks down at the bodies in the devastated research lab. Her dark brown hair and eyes are accompanied by lame-looking glasses and the academy uniform.
- Chapter 39: Wanting to Live for Just One More DayRose observes the men in black with her ice-blue eyes.
- Chapter 40: That Which is Truly ImportantIn the nighttime, the light from the faraway fire dully illuminates the Vice Principal’s room.