Author: Sixteenth Basket Of Mantaos, 第十六笼馒头
Alternative Names: WDYSM, 你为何召唤我
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
Imagine being forced to live, after death, as incorporeal bodies trapped in a vast space of nothingness for thousands of years, with nothing to do but exchanging past memories with other cohabitants (read: weirdos). Everybody wanted out, but there was no way to leave the Void…
Until one day, a young man was finally summoned, as a powerful but reluctant mentor, by a bubbly and motivated but completely naive young girl. Baiyi, finally out of the Void, was the only one who could save all of the other 32 souls from their prison and his summoner might just be The Key to their freedom.
However, Baiyi had to use the techniques and abilities the other souls had taught him throughout the years, and together with his own extensive knowledge of anime and game tropes from his shady and dangerous past as an otaku, to face the biggest challenge of them all: training the clumsy young girl he was forced to partner up with… into a competent sorcerer!
This is a story of heroic adventures, cunning strategies and romantic tales. How will our MC thrive in a world completely strange to him? Where will his ambitions and abilities take him in the palace?
- Chapter 1: We Are Waiting
- Chapter 2: The Opportunity that Came Abruptly
- Chapter 3: She's a Good Kid
- Chapter 4: What a Boring Life You Led
- Chapter 5: This is the Perfect Age!
- Chapter 6: Men in Opulence
- Chapter 7: Let the Show Commence
- Chapter 8: This is All I Could Do For You
- Chapter 9: What Kind of Game Do You Guys Think This is?
- Chapter 10: Is This What You Meant By Being Professional?
- Chapter 11: The Paid and the Green Service Lane
- Chapter 12: This is Youth!
- Chapter 13: Where the Hell Are You Guys Focusing At?
- Chapter 14: This Is Too Good to be True!
- Chapter 15: This is the Advantage of Being a Woman
- Chapter 16: A Marvelous Adventure
- Chapter 17: A Social Expert
- Chapter 18: Even Thieves have Their Day
- Chapter 19: A Confident Facade is the Deadliest Weapon
- Chapter 20: Nothing is Impossible When You are Young!
- Chapter 21: Not You Too!
- Chapter 22: What Do You Plan To Do With That?!
- Chapter 23: Pero Pero
- Chapter 24: Let's Switch the Armour
- Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Tear You into Pieces!
- Chapter 26: What the Hell Did You Come Here For?
- Chapter 27: Life is a Theater
- Chapter 28: It All Depends on the Theatrics
- Chapter 29: This is a Tricky Situation!
- Chapter 30: Really, I’m not that kind of person!
- Chapter 31: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOG)
- Chapter 32: A Man's Way of Communication
- Chapter 33: I'm Turning Into a Taoist Today!
- Chapter 34: The Boss has Levelled Up!
- Chapter 35: You Guys Have Gone Too Far!
- Chapter 36: Don't You Feel Even The Slightest Bit Of Shame?
- Chapter 37: Perhaps He's a Nice Guy?
- Chapter 38: Of Course I'll Forgive You!
- Chapter 39: An Unexpected Surprise
- Chapter 40: It's M-M-Moving?